Nowadays, Internet has become a indespensible part of human life. With internet we get free access to millions of websites from all over the globe. But everything has its own merits and demerits, Not everything availaible on internet is useful to us, Some of its content or Websites can be really harmful on boyh technical and mental perspective. There can be some particular websites that we as owner would not want anyone to visit from our PC. Be it relateed to pornography, trafficking, Drugs etc. So, it sometimes becomes necessary for us to block particular website on our PC.
So, Now let me guide you through Some Easy Steps By Which you can Block Particular Website Everywhre on your PC:
- First of all open “My Computer” or “Windows Explorer” and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc. If Windows is not installed on C: (drive), substitute the appropriate drive letter. There you will find some files like these (As shown in the picture) :
- Double-click “hosts”, and select Notepad when Windows prompts you to choose a program. And If “Open With” window appears then select Notepad from the given list. Or, if the hosts file opens in another program, open Notepad (Start, All Programs, Accessories, Notepad), and then navigate to “hosts” by clicking File, Open within Notepad.
- Place the cursor at the end of the last line, which will say something such as “127.0.0.1 localhost” or “::1 localhost’. Press Enter to create a new line.
- Now you need to type ” 127.0.0.1 “, tap the spacebar once (to create a space), and then type the address (domain name) of the particular website you want to block. For example, to block all traffic from YouTube, type ” 127.0.0.1 www.facebook.com ” on this line. (See the figure below)
- You can now continue to add the websites you wish to block, each in the similar manner with 127.0.0.1 and a space, followed by the name of that particular website you want to block.
- Click “File”, then “Save” to commit to your changes. Dismiss any warnings if triggered by any antimalware software, while by your editing of the hosts file. Or, Click Save while you are closing the Notepad window.
- Now, Open Any Browser and Try to Open the Website you have blocked. What You see 😉 …Yeah My Freind, You Are Done. (y) 🙂
For Detailed Video Tutorial Follow the Link Given Below ;